Driving the Van
Starting the engine. Note: Diesel engines have a different starting procedure
- Make sure Neutral is selected
- Turn key to On. The 3 orange lights will turn on.
- Fully press accelerator
- Wait till “GLOW” light turns off
- Turn key to start
- If cold start, adjust the choke dial to warm up the engine. Turning it increases the Revs
Turning off the engine
- Press the small black button near the key hole
- Turn the key until you reach the lock position.
- Note: You must turn to Lock position otherwise the accessories will run the starter battery flat
Things to remember when driving
- Adjust the side mirrors before you drive. It must be done manually.
- Only fill with Diesel fuel
- Keep the Diesel filled above ½ way. This makes it easier to start and prevents sediments from blocking the filter
- Keep below 3000 RPM or 100km/h
Setting up for Camp
Turning on Fridge
- Turn on the black switch above the pantry cabinet
- Turn off the fridge at night so the battery doesn’t get drained. Everything inside will stay cool.
Filling up water tank
- Open the black water tank cap with the black key. Cap is located on driver side
- Take the garden hose which is located behind the driver side passenger seat
- Fill with tap water until overflowing
- Refill frequently to avoid running out of water. I would refill daily or at every opportunity (i.e. parks, service stations) especially if I’ve washed a 3-5 loads of dishes, or showered.
Raising the pop top
- Locate and unhook the 4 silver hook latches
- Grab the 2 handles and push the pop top up
Lowering the pop top
- Pull pop top down using 2 handles. Ensure the pop top is square otherwise latches won’t close
- Hook latches back on. Make sure canvas is clear of the hook otherwise it will puncture a hole through the canvas. This is expensive to repair and will void the bond.
Charging phones and appliances
- Locate 12v socket beneath the driver side passenger seat. This is connected to a separate house battery along with the lights and fridge. You will not drain the starter battery
- (Optional) Plug the Socket Adapter that’s in the front of the van. It has several USB plugs and other sockets for your convenience.
Plugging into shore power
- Take power cable from behind the driver side passenger seat
- Plug cable into power socket located towards the rear of the van on the top right hand side under the flap
Setting up the rear tent
- Take out the rear tent from under the long bench (It’s the brown canvas
- With the rear door down, position the rear tent so that it’s centred on the van
- Press the buttons that line up to the top rear corners of the van
- Raise the rear door. It should lift up the rear tent
- (Optional) Prod up the rear tent with the tent pole. It’s located in the long brown bag. There is a bag of tent ropes and pins to secure the top of the tent pole to the ground with tension.
Making the bed
- Part 1: Lowering the seats.
- Remove the table. (Optional) Setup the table outside with the legs. These are behind the driver side passenger chair
- Lower the 2 passenger seats by finding the latch beneath the seat
- Push latch to lift and unlock seat.
- Pull seat straight
- Part 2: Filling in the gap for Double Bed
- Lift the long bench
- Fold out the wooden support
- Place the long back rest in the gap between the 2 single beds
- Note: Don’t kneel on the centre of the bed as it will flip the centre section up